Their songs have been heard on major motion pictures, TV dramas, radio, and Starbucks stores throughout the country. But Ellery is also known for their live shows: their sound ranges from how-do-they-do-that enormous to barely-a-whisper quiet, and their songs and banter range from sad and serious to absurd and hilarious. Laugh and cry at an Ellery show? Yes. Having performed 100+ shows/year for several years, Ellery lures audiences in with a captivating sound, then keeps them hooked with their honesty, wit, and uncanny ability to turn crowds into BFFs.
• Featured in the major motion picture "No Strings Attached," and on "The Lying Game," "One Tree Hill, "The Real L Word," "Charmed," "Zero Hour," etc.
• Latest record produced by Grammy-winner Malcolm Burn (Bob Dylan, Iggy Pop, Emmylou Harris).
• Heard on radio, retail outlets, and Starbucks stores throughout the US and UK
• Live concert filmed for PBS, airing & re-airing in 40+ US markets
• Multiple features on Paste Magazine CD Samplers
• Nominated by Campus Activities Magazine as Small Venue Performer of the Year
• Winners of the 2007 NewSong International Songwriting Contest
Download Press Release: www.ellerymusic.com/downloads/ellerypress2010.pdf
Download Promotional Photos: www.ellerymusic.com/downloads/promotionalphotos.zip
"Check them out before they're on the cover of Rolling Stone." - Savannah Morning News, GA
"...a soul-tickling emotional weight that many bands would die for... romantic, dreamy, moving and flawlessly executed." --Cincinnati CityBeat
“Tasha and Justin Golden combine skillful, melodic instrumentation, intelligent but unassuming lyrics, & captivating vocals to make engaging indie pop” –Paste Magazine
“The sophomore effort by husband-wife duo Tasha & Justin Golden ups the ante over their highly praised debut. Ellery further affirms its penchant for shimmering melodies, rich textures & emotional clarity.” - M Music & Musicians Magazine
“Cinci-based Tasha Golden's sweet, quavering pipes & interesting phrasing lend deeper shades of emotion to the co-written songs with husband & bandmate, Justin Golden. The 2 display fine musicianship and the entire project is elevated by the production of Malcolm Burn, who's worked with musicians from Emmylou Harris to Bob Dylan to Iggy Pop.” - Elmore Magazine
"their sound is rich, intricate and iced with a voice no less than mesmerizing" - Mountain Xpress, Asheville
"The husband-wife duo has been done before, but rarely with such grace and style as in the music of Ellery." - Columbia Free Times